Thank you for your interest in employment with Nalas Engineering Services, Inc. We currently have the following positions open until filled:
Chemical Engineer IV
The Chemical Engineer IV plays an integral role in a team responsible for the synthesis, development, and scale-up of novel materials and/or crystallization processes. Has demonstrated proficiency in independently performing experiments and procedures designed to evaluate various parameters of a chemical reaction and gain process understanding needed to recommend process improvements. The Chemical Engineer IV quickly assembles and modifies complex laboratory and pilot plant equipment including specification of processing equipment unique to various unit operations. Also utilizes modeling programs to gain understanding of chemical processes and associated reaction kinetics, using these tools to make process recommendations tailored towards improving efficiency and cost. The Chemical Engineer IV both utilizes and helps to maintain a state-of the art chemical development laboratory and pilot plant including pilot scale reactors, automation and control systems, automated lab reactors, process analytical tools and various off-line analytical tools. Job Requirements: The Chemical Engineer IV has demonstrated the ability to recognize erroneous and/or unexpected results, interpret and analyze those results, and make recommendations based on his/her own analysis and conclusions. Also has the responsibility to maintain lab notebooks and process data sheets in a manner which allows others to understand findings from each experiment or process run, including interpretations, conclusions, and path forward. Although the Chemical Engineer IV works under guidance from management, latitude and creativity for discretionary decisions and independence of action within guidelines established by their supervisor will be granted.
- Use engineering and scientific techniques, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures tailored towards optimization of chemical reactions and the design, development and scale-up of chemical processes.
- Perform multiple and complicated tasks concurrently while maintaining up to date lab records and process data sheets
- Plays an integral role in all phases of research and development including planning, preparation, application, evaluation, data analysis, maintenance, and when necessary, appropriate disposal.
- Makes novel observations, collects and interprets data and draws sound scientific conclusions based on data analysis.
- Presents project reviews orally before the team and utilize technical writing skills to effectively communicate results in report form to management
The qualified Chemical Engineer IV has a minimum of 3 years of analytical, evaluative, and problem solving experience, BS in Chemical Engineering, MS/PhD preferred with a strong emphasis with hands-on experience with research and design of projects involving unit operations and chemical processes with a focus on optimization and scale up. Exhibition of technical and operational proficiency solving problems of complexity and ensuring completion of projects in area of expertise and utilizing judgement within general parameters for process optimization, model development, model validation, and chemical process design appropriate for commercialization. Due to federal contractual requirements applicant must be a US Citizen.
Chemical Engineer III
The Chemical Engineer III will be part of a team responsible for the synthesis and development of novel materials and/or crystallization processes. Chemical Engineer III conducts research under the guidance of a senior mentor and serves as a resource to senior engineers fulfilling the role of a good team player while being independent. It is the goal of the Chemical Engineer III to become proficient in independently performing experiments and procedures designed to evaluate various parameters of a chemical reaction and gain process understanding needed to recommend process improvements.
- Use basic engineering/scientific techniques, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures
- Participate in planning and coordinating individual tasks and perform multiple tasks concurrently to meet project goals
- Participate in all phases of research including planning, preparation, calibration, application, evaluation, data analysis, maintenance, and when necessary, appropriate disposal.
- Design and conduct experiments within a defined project and collect and interpret data
- Make novel observations regarding experiments and draw sound scientific conclusions based on data analysis; understand that the results of these studies, and the conclusions generated, will impact research plans.
- Present project reviews before the team and utilize technical writing skills to effectively communicate results in report form.
The qualified Chemical Engineer III has a minimum BS in Chemical Engineering, is proficient in conducting chemical reactions, adapting to, and using new technologies, trouble-shooting. Basic knowledge of analytical, evaluative, and problem solving techniques necessary to perform scientific/engineering work. Must have experience in generating and manipulating data, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SciFinder. Due to federal contractual requirements applicant must be a US Citizen.
Please submit your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Co-Op and Summer Internships
The Chemical Process Development intern will be responsible for hands-on development and scale-up of novel chemical syntheses and unit operations. The co-op student will work directly with experienced scientists and engineers in a research laboratory setting to perform experiments to optimize chemical syntheses. Possible areas of study may be optimization of reaction parameters, calorimetry, kinetics, heat transfer, selectivity, or product separation techniques such as crystallization.
The Chemical Engineering intern will have the opportunity to apply the fundamentals learned from your chemical engineering coursework to various process development activities in our lab. The coupling of the ‘hands-on’ laboratory environment with the application of chemical engineering principles will provide a strong technical foundation as you embark on your career. Your responsibilities at Nalas will include preparation of laboratory procedures, performance of laboratory experiments designed to assess chemistry/process characteristics (e.g. heat flow, mixing sensitivity, and kinetics), and completion and documentation of data analysis.
Over the course of your internship or co-op you will have various opportunities to enhance your technical communication skills through technical report writing and oral presentations. We have a dynamic and growing workforce with dedicated team members. Our scientists and engineers will serve as mentors to guide you as you navigate the various projects and the technical challenges associated with each. You will also be expected to work independently on selected assignments. We are confident that you will find your co-op assignment at Nalas Engineering both stimulating and rewarding.
For consideration for the internship program, please submit your resume and transcripts to: email@example.com